Louisiana German Coast Tricentennial Tour 2022
Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, and Luxembourg
5/11/22 - 5/29/22
from $4835 per person + air
Optional Single Supplement $855
Terms and Conditions
1 - GENERAL TOUR INFORMATION
The TOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
17 nights accommodations.
30 meals are included in the package.
Land transportation by motorcoach.
All entrance fees and guided tours are included in the program.
Tips for the tour guides and bus drivers are included.
Cities and villages visited: Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Trier, Haguenau, Metz, Colmar, Bern, Zurich, and other towns and localities along the way.
The Tour package does NOT INCLUDE:
Your personal expenses.
Flights to or from Europe.
Alcoholic beverages. Please note, if you order an alcoholic beverage at meals, you will need to pay for that at the time of purchase, it is not included in the price of the tour.
Your visits during free time.
Other expenses may not be included in this list.
Each day you will need to purchase one meal. You will need to purchase 2 meals on your free days and your meals on the days of May 11th and 12th before we leave the hotel on May 13 at the official start of the tour.
Travel Insurance. You MUST purchase travel insurance for this tour.
It is important to note that the proposed schedule including hotels, restaurants, attractions, and activities may be modified at any time during the trip due to unforeseen events or circumstances. In the event of such changes, no refunds are given; however, a similar activity will be offered.
2 - TOUR PRICES & PAYMENTS
PACKAGE PRICE: LAND PORTION –
The price of this unique package is $4,835 per person in a double occupancy room (2 people sharing one room)
The single supplement is $855 (total is $5,690 for a solo traveler in one room).
3 - FLIGHT INFORMATION
Your flight is not included in your package price; however, your flights can be purchased through Seitz Travel. Note that our tour will begin in Frankfurt, Germany on May 12, 2022, and end in Zurich, Switzerland on May 29, 2022. You may have to book a flight that flies out of the US on May 11, 2022, in order to arrive in Frankfurt on May 12, 2022. If you have any questions at all, please contact us. We will not be responsible if you do not properly book your flight.
4 – TERMS OF RESERVATION (CANCELLATION)
Any payments made to Seitz Travel for this tour are non-refundable and non-transferable. Before booking, please check your calendar and think before you book to ensure you will not need to cancel. Please be sure to purchase travel insurance in order to protect your investment.
Cancellations after payments are NON-REFUNDABLE as suppliers are being very strict on cancelations post covid and offering non-refundable deposits and payments.
In the event that you need to cancel, your insurance will protect your investment. Please make sure you read your policy details carefully in order to understand what it covers before you purchase your travel insurance. Seitz Travel can provide travel insurance information and quotes for you.
5 - HEALTH – Part A
You must be able to:
Walk at least 60 minutes at a time, at a leisurely pace.
Stand for at least 20 minutes without having to sit down.
Climb 2 or 3 stories of stairs as well as walk uphill for short periods of time.
Handle your own luggage (especially at airports). It is best to have luggage that rolls smoothly.
We will be at high altitudes in some cities. You must be able to withstand high altitudes.
For these reasons, you are required to disclose to your Tour Consultant any physical disabilities or limitations prior to reserving your tour so we can help you determine the appropriateness of the tour.
HEALTH – Part B
You must agree that if any or all of these are required by the government(s) of the countries you will visit on our tour:
You will follow all health regulations that are set by the governments of the United States, Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, and Luxembourg during the time of our tour.
It is mandated by the US, France, Germany, Switzerland, or Belgium Luxembourg for you to be vaccinated twice for COVID to come on this trip that you will be vaccinated for COVID.
If required, you will take a COVID test and provide proof of a negative test result that you are willing to do so.
Wear masks and social distance on flights as required by the airlines you fly.
Follow all COVID protocols necessary for the safety of you and all others participating in this tour.
Follow all COVID protocol at hotels, museums, bus stations, restaurants, attractions, and any other place that we will go on the tour.
Seitz Travel reserves the right to decline any tour participant whose condition, in our opinion, or in the opinion of a third-party providing services on the tour, may affect the health, safety, or tour experience of other travelers.
If you have any concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.
6 - TRAVEL AND HEALTH INSURANCE
TRAVEL INSURANCE AND TRAVEL HEALTH INSURANCE IS MANDATORY.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, I am agreeing to purchase travel health insurance.
7 - PASSPORT / VISA
PASSPORT VALIDITY: Passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your planned date of departure (MAY 29, 2022).
BLANK PASSPORT PAGES: Must have at least one blank page for stamps.
TOURIST VISA: Not required for stays under 90 days.
You are responsible for obtaining any travel documents and verifying entry requirements necessary for each country of travel on your selected tour itinerary, including any required vaccinations, as Seitz Travel is not responsible for providing this information or documentation. U.S. citizens are required to have a passport for all trips outside of the U.S., which must be valid for at least six months beyond the completion date of the tour.
Entry laws differ with respect to travelers’ citizenship. You are responsible for any expenses incurred because of delays or itinerary changes related to your lack of appropriate travel documents or in the event you are delayed at customs and are therefore ineligible for any refund from Seitz Travel. For more information on countries requiring visas for U.S. citizens, please refer to the U.S. Department of State website: travel.state.gov.
8- BOOKING CONDITIONS
The tour operator for this trip is Cynthia Seitz owner and operator of SEITZ TRAVEL LLC. this contract is covered by the law governing the STATE OF LOUISIANA, USA.
These Booking Conditions are subject to change at any time with or without notice. Your agreement to these Booking Conditions constitutes your agreement to any updates which can be found at www.seitztravel.com.
Flight delays & cancellations
Seitz Travel cannot be held responsible for any flight delays or cancellations caused by, but is not limited to, weather, mechanical issues, or personnel strike. In the event of a flight delay, you must work directly with the airline to be rebooked. Once your new flight is confirmed, you must then notify Seitz Travel of your new arrival time. If you are arriving later than your original scheduled flight, you may not be met by a Seitz Travel representative at the airport. In this case, you will need to arrange your own transportation from the airport to your hotel. Persons missing tour portions or components (including, but not limited to, meals, excursions, or sightseeing tours) due to flight delays or cancellations will not be refunded by Seitz Travel.
Refunds & cancellations when sharing a room
If you are booked in a double/twin room and your roommate cancels his or her tour, you will be responsible for paying the single supplement fee. You are not allowed to cancel your tour in this situation.
Itinerary variations & holidays
If improvements can be made to tour itineraries or unforeseen circumstances necessitate changes, Seitz Travel reserves the right to amend, adjust, or alter itineraries. Due to local or national holidays, seasonal hours of operation or availability, special events, and/or peak harvest seasons, access to certain facilities and attractions including, but not limited to, vineyards, museums, historical sites, or stores may be limited. On such occasions, and whenever possible, itinerary adjustments will be necessary to minimize traveler inconvenience.
Other terms & provisions
The terms and provisions of these Booking Conditions supersede any other warranties, representations, terms, or conditions unless they are expressly stated within a Booking Conditions Addendum or in a letter signed by Seitz Travel. Seitz Travel makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of its publications, but it cannot be held responsible for typographical or printing errors, including, but not limited to, prices.
9 - RELEASE & AGREEMENT
I (or parent or guardian if the enrollee is under 18) am an enrollee on a Seitz Travel Tour and understand and agree to the following:
1. I acknowledge and understand that my tour is operated by Seitz Travel located at 321 Gaidry Drive, Gray, Louisiana 70359.
2. Seitz Travel does not own or operate any entity which is to, or does, provide goods or services for my tour, including for example hotels, arrangements for, or ownership or control over, houses, apartments, or other lodging facilities, Tour guide, airline, vessel, bus, or other transportation companies; local ground operators; visa processing services; providers or organizers of optional excursions; food service or entertainment providers. I acknowledge that all such persons and entities are independent contractors and not employees of or employed by Seitz Travel. As a result, Seitz Travel is not liable for any negligent or willful act, or failure to act, of any such person or entity, or of any other third party.
3. Without limitation, Seitz Travel is not responsible for any injury, loss, or damage to person or property, death, delay or inconvenience in connection with the provision of any goods or services occasioned by, or resulting from, but not limited to: acts of God; force majeure; acts of government; acts of war or civil unrest, insurrection or revolt; strikes or other labor activities; criminal, terrorist or threatened terrorist activities of any kind; overbooking or downgrading of accommodations; structural or other defective conditions in houses, apartments, or other lodgings (or in any heating, plumbing, electrical or structural problem therein); mechanical or other failure of airplanes or other means of transportation or for any failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart timely or safely; dangers associated with, or bites from, animals, insects or pests; sanitation problems; food poisoning; epidemics including COVID, or the threat thereof; disease; lack of access to or quality of medical care; difficulty in evaluation in case of a medical or other emergency; or any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any third party, or for any other cause beyond the direct control of Seitz Travel.
4. I agree to release Seitz Travel from, and agree not to sue Seitz Travel for, any and all claims, of any nature related in any manner to my participation in a Seitz Travel-sponsored tour, including, but not limited to, claims for negligence, breach of contract, breach of express or implied warranties, negligent or wrongful death or any statutorily based claim. I hereby unconditionally and unequivocally waive any and all claims and demands for all damages, losses, costs, and expenses of any nature whatsoever (including attorneys’ fees) on account of or arising out of any and all personal injury, death, bodily injury, mental anguish, emotional distress, pandemic, sickness, damage to property or other damage that I may suffer from any cause whatsoever related in any way to my participation in any Seitz Travel-sponsored tour. I further agree to release and hold harmless Seitz Travel from any and all decisions to cancel, modify or delay the tour as a result of acts of God, pandemic, war (whether declared or undeclared), terrorist activities or threats of terrorist activities, instability in a destination country, incidents of violence, public health issues or quarantine or threats of public health issues, substantial currency fluctuations, strikes, government restrictions, fire or severe weather conditions, or any other reason that makes it impossible or commercially unreasonable in the sole opinion of Seitz Travel to conduct the tour.
5. I understand that travel in other nations is not similar to travel in the United States. Tours outside the United States can involve inconvenience and risk, including, but not limited to, forces of nature, geographic and climatic conditions, different hygienic standards, infrastructure problems (including road maintenance, transportation delays, and accommodation condition), civil unrest, vandalism, crime, political instability, and terrorism. Medical services or facilities may not be readily available or available at all during all or part of a tour and, if available, may not be equal to standards in my home country. I assume all risk of bodily injury, death, emotional trauma, property damage, inconvenience, and/or loss resulting from negligence or any other acts of any and all persons or entities, however, caused, including, but not limited to, those risks mentioned above. It is my intention fully to assume all of the risks of travel and participation in the program and to Seitz Travel from any and all liabilities to the maximum extent permitted by law. If this form is also signed by a parent or legal guardian for a minor enrollee, that parent or guardian is making a similar release.
6. Seitz Travel shall have no responsibility for me whatsoever when I am absent from Seitz Travel-supervised activities or for non-supervised activities.
7. I understand and agree that Seitz Travel shall have no liability or responsibility for me when I am absent from Seitz Travel-supervised activities or for non-Seitz Travel-supervised activities, such as visits to friends or relatives or during pre-/post-stay periods.
8. I understand that my tour begins on the evening of May 12, 2022, with a welcome meeting; and my itinerary ends when the Seitz Travel representative says goodbye at the airport hotel or hotel lobby on May 29, 2022.
9. The airline’s liability for loss of, or damage to, baggage or property, or for death or injury to your person, is subject to, and limited by, the airline’s contract of carriage, its tariff, the Montreal Convention, or Warsaw Convention.
10. I understand and agree that Seitz Travel reserves the right to refuse or cancel my reservation at their sole discretion. In such an event, standard cancellation guidelines as outlined in the Booking Conditions apply.
11. I agree to abide by Seitz Travel’s regulations and the directions of my Tour Director and Seitz Travel personnel during my tour. I understand and agree that Seitz Travel may dismiss me from the tour at any time and at my sole expense for the failure to follow such rules or directions or for any other reason that Seitz Travel, in its sole discretion, requires my dismissal from the tour. I understand that in the event I am dismissed from the tour for any reason, I waive the right to a refund of any part of my program price, and that the remainder of my travels will be at my own expense. Seitz Travel is not responsible for arranging my transport home.
12. I agree to abide by all local laws when abroad. I understand that if I abuse or disobey such laws, even unintentionally, I waive my right to a refund of any part of the program price, and that the remainder of my travels will be at my own expense. I also understand that should local authorities be involved; I will be subject to the law enforcement of the country I am visiting.
13. I understand and agree that if I become ill or incapacitated, Seitz Travel and its employees may take any action they deem necessary for my safety and well-being, including securing medical treatment and transporting me home at my own expense. Seitz Travel retains the right and has my authorization, in its sole discretion, to contact my emergency contact(s) with regard to health issues or any matter whatsoever that relates to my tour. In the event of a medical emergency, Seitz Travel will attempt to cause appropriate treatment to be administered, and I authorize Seitz Travel to do so. Seitz Travel, however, makes no guarantee that it will be able to cause effective (or any) emergency treatment to be administered and Seitz Travel will not be responsible for monitoring any health care that I may necessitate.
14. I understand and agree that Seitz Travel has the right to make changes in tour itineraries and departure dates, and to modify transportation arrangements, including the use of substitute airlines.
15. I understand that prices are subject to unforeseen surcharges or price increases due to currency, fuel, etc., which, if imposed by airlines or other suppliers, will be billed prior to the final payment date.
16. I understand that it is my responsibility to secure the necessary travel documents (e.g., passport and visa[s]) for all locations on my tour (including locations visited during transit). Failure to do so does not constitute grounds for a refund except according to the refund and cancellation guidelines as outlined in the Booking Conditions.
17. Seitz Travel is not responsible for loss of passports, airline tickets, or other documents, or for loss of or damage to luggage or any other passenger belongings. In the case of a lost paper airline ticket or missing a flight booked by Seitz Travel, I acknowledge that I am solely responsible for meeting the airline’s requirements (both logistical and financial) for ticket replacement.
18. I understand that I will be required to pay for any phone calls or incidental personal expenses that I incur at hotels, as well as for any damage I cause to hotel rooms, buses, or other property.
19. I understand the pacing, content, accommodations, and other aspects of the tour upon which I have enrolled, and that I have discussed with Seitz Travel any limitations that may make it difficult or impossible for me to participate in this tour as designed.
20. I understand and agree that this Release & Agreement and Seitz Travel’s Booking Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Seitz Travel and me with reference to the subject matter herein, and I do not rely upon any promises, inducements, or agreements not herein, including, but not limited to, any oral statements made to me by any agents or employees of Seitz Travel. This agreement may be amended or modified only in writing, signed by both parties. The waiver by Seitz Travel of any provision of this agreement shall in no way affect the remaining provisions of this agreement, and this agreement shall be interpreted as if such clause or provision were not contained herein.
21. I understand and agree that this agreement shall be governed in all respects, and performance hereunder shall be judged, by the laws of the State of Louisiana USA. In the event of any claim, dispute, or proceeding arising out of my relationship with Seitz Travel, or any claim which in contract, tort, or otherwise at law or in equity arises between me and the Released Parties, whether or not related to this agreement, all parties submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Louisiana, USA.
22. I understand and consent that Seitz Travel may use any photographic, film, digital, or video likeness taken of me, any of my comments while on a Seitz Travel Tour, any of my photographic, film, digital, or video content shared by me with Seitz Travel through any form for future publicity or marketing without compensation to me and to also use my contact information for future Seitz Travel promotions.
23. I understand that my enrollment on tour with Seitz Travel is not complete until I have signed and agreed to the Terms & Conditions and this Release & Agreement. By agreeing to this Release & Agreement and Booking Conditions on behalf of other travelers for whom I am completing the enrollment process, I warrant that I am authorized to act on behalf of such individual(s) and I acknowledge and affirm that Seitz Travel’s reliance on my authority is reasonable. I agree to indemnify and defend Seitz Travel or any claims arising out of any violation of this warranty.
24. I understand that this tour may not go to the specific town where my ancestors lived and that I will inquire about this before I book to ensure that I am not disappointed in any way.
25. I agree to abide by all and any COVID protocol and regulations required of me to follow during the tour.